Ben has been cooking for over 20 years around the world including Brazil, Thailand and closer to home in Spain, Holland, France and all over the UK.
During this time, Ben has evolved his style of cooking to focus on creating delicious dishes showcasing the best seasonal local produce. At the heart of all his menus are three principles…
Looking for someone to cook for you in your home, check out our gallery to see some of the dishes we have cooked.
We are able to cater for your event however big or small, please get in contact
You wont even know we were there with no washing up left for you and the kitchen left as we found it.
Drop Off Catering
We can drop of anything from bagels to a hog roast and everything in between.
Ben is currently planning the next stage of the business.
Alongside this, he is continuing to develop new dishes and concepts
that he can make available for you in line with Government guidelines.
Keep an eye on his social media to stay up to date with what’s next.
The art of sourdough
Baking during lockdown
The art of sourdough
With more time, people are able to think about what they are buying and where they are buying it from. This has led to a surge in the #supportlocal philosophy that Ben has alway been a huge advocate of. Also, with the extra time, people have been cooking and baking more including of course, sourdough.
At the start of lockdown Ben started baking sourdough loaves to help structure his day, this resulted in excessive amounts of bread being produced so Ben started delivering them to people nearby. This was soon followed with an online Youtube instructional and a recipe card so people could start baking at home and the response was amazing.
Introduction to sourdough
Makes 2 loaves
800g T55 Flour
- In a large bowl mix the water and the starter until combined.
- Add the flour and salt then mix to form a dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and prove for 3 hours at 22/23 d/c.
- Create 1 set of envelope folds on the dough then prove for 1 hour.
Repeat this 3 times (so a total proving time of 3 hours.
- Gently remove from the bowl onto you work bench and split the dough into 2.
- Lightly shape the loaves and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Lightly dust your proving baskets.
- Shape the dough by folding and pinching the outside to the inside.
- Place presentation side down into your proving basket (no folds visible)
- Put into the fridge overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 240 d/c with a pizza stone on the top shelf and a shallow tray on the bottom shelf for 1 hour.
- Remove the pizza stone and turn the bread out of the baskets onto the pizza stone. Score using a razor blade.
- Pour 200ml water into the tray at the bottom of the oven then put the pizza stone back in and shut the door.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Then open the door to remove the steam and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes on a cooling rack.
I have lots of plans in the pipeline but for now the priority is to get cooking for people in person as soon as possible. So, from May I will be launching my Kadai BBQ at home concept. Similar to my Supper Club format I will come to your house but instead of cooking...
I am moving back to Cambridge to be closer to family. Relocating has been a long and difficult decision to make as I love Tonbridge but the last 20 months have really made me rethink. The sudden loss of my best friend followed by the pandemic has really given...
Think of all the people who have influenced you over your career. I’m in the process of planning the next chapter of my career and I’ve gone round in circles and changed my mind so many times. There are so many factors to consider now. There is always a lot to...
“Wow last night’s secret supper club was faultless! We were blown away by the hospitality, the food and the surroundings. Giving some of the top London restaurants a run for their money – thank you for a really brilliant night.”
“We were lucky enough to bag tickets for Ben Sulston’s pop up event, and we can see why these TOFS events have become so popular! There was a fantastic, friendly atmosphere from the very start, and eating a top restaurant standard dessert under the fairy lights was the highlight of our evening.”
“What a wonderful night, the food was gorgeous and the whole experience was overall perfect. Would have you back in a flash.”
“Ben, thank you so much for the amazing food you prepared for our party of 10 last night. Having been to your pop up at The Old Fire Station, I’d raved on about how good it was. Due to your popularity and demand, they were selling out like hot cakes, hence booking a private dinner party. Everyone had a fantastic time and were blown away last night. We will be booking again.”
“We have had so, so many comments about the food – my favourite was the venison (so hard to cook perfectly for 31 people) but opinion was divided on which was the best out of all 3 courses (indeed I have never heard so many people rave about desert before!). Also everyone loved the interactive style with chef Ben Sulston, it’s such a great touch.
Sam, Ben and all of the staff worked tirelessly and it really was such a special night for us as TOFS is a huge part of our Tonbridge life!”
Get in touch
Let’s chat about your event and catering requirements